• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differences in color/preset applications after "edit in Photoshop"

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! When using the workflow of LR import -> Photoshop manipulation (ie liquify, clone stamp, etc) -> LR color correction. Sometimes I don't need the middle step of going to Photoshop and I use a Preset that is lightly edited. However, when I use the Preset on the PSD file versus the Camera RAW file, they are COMPLETELY different. How is this solveable and/or how do you work around this? I would like to make my manipulation changes before my color correction edits in order to preserve the RAW file. Pic below is the preset applied on the RAW file vs PSD file for example. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 21.36.00.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw files and rendered files (PSD, tiff, jpg) are fundamentally different, and identical edits will produce completely different results. There is no workaround, other than manually editing the PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a colorspace issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, in Lightroom Classic, verify your Process version, v5 or later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines