• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different versions and catalogue compatibility

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the new versions of Lightroom only work on MacOS 10.14 and later. I have an issue were my old macbook pro doesnt support 10.14 although my iMac and Mac Air do. My question is if I upgrade the iMac and Mac Air to the latest version of Lightroom can I still synchronise the catalogue between each machine or is there incompatibilities between the catalogue in each version ? If I cant just move the catalogue between each machine what is the easiest way to move the catalogue from the MacBook Pro (older version) to the machines running the later version ? (I do most of my work on the Macbook Pro.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Unfortunately, all the computers trying to use the same catalog need to be using the same version of LR.

The newer versions of LR know how to migrate the data from the old format catalogs to the new format, but going backwards is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, all the computers trying to use the same catalog need to be using the same version of LR.

The newer versions of LR know how to migrate the data from the old format catalogs to the new format, but going backwards is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines