• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulties with Tethering on D500

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please. I have just bought a Tetherpro USB 3 cable. I have attached it to my D500 and used Lightroom Classic CC on my MacPro. Gone to File>Tether Capture>Start Tethered Capture and entered details as per You Tube video tutorials. The next screen has the horizontal bar with camera settings but says No Camera Detected but beneath that message it does quote the Session Name I entered.
I have done all the obvious things like take out the tether and re-enter, turn the camera off and on, retried the Lightroom dialogue. 
I have a MacPro with MacOSCatalina Version 10.15.3.
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

See these troubleshooting steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html 

Note especially step 5, "Put an empty memory card in the camera, especially if you're using a Nikon camera", but work through all of them.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your in camera USB settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See these troubleshooting steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html 

Note especially step 5, "Put an empty memory card in the camera, especially if you're using a Nikon camera", but work through all of them.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use a Macbook Pro. Does the Mac Pro use USB C/Thunderbolt connection? Does the tether cable have a USB C connector? Or are you using a USB 3 to C adapter? I found that only the Apple brand dongle would work correctly to adapt my Tether Tools USB 3 cable to the Macbook Pro 2019 16"  With that, the D500 tethers fine.

Also, there was an issue with Catlina tethering ok in 15.1 and then not tethering until 15.3 or 15.4.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hhmm

Sounds like it might be a report to the forum which is reportedly monitored by Adobe engineers and many others.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Its a great repository of help Bruce.

Hope that is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe helped me solve the problem. I moved to Lightroom Classic Version 9.3. There were incompatable software issues bewteen Catalina and Lightroom which have now been resolved. Using latest versions has done the trick, even though Lightroom Classic CC Release 7.4 was meant to work.  Happy bunny now. Thanks EVERYONE.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Using latest versions has done the trick, even though Lightroom Classic CC Release 7.4 was meant to work."

Thanks for the update -- that will help others. Updating to the most recent version of LR is the first troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines