• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directory Printing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent several years a while back to scan and organize all my film (both my own B&W and color negatives and slides) going back to my high school days and other family photographs going back as far as my Grandfather as a member of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Civil War. Including more recent digital images, There are more than 140,000 files. 

There is a folder for each year there is a photograph. There is a subfolder for each roll of film shot that year. When I started, I was using Photoshop Elements and I adjusted the file dates as best I could to be the day I took the picture. This is the date that shows up in Windows Explorer.

I want to put the image name, date, and folder structure into a Microsoft Access database to see what's out of place, whether the subdirectories are in date order (most are, some are not), and some other analysis that is otherwise impractical due to the number of files and directories involved. I used Karen's Directory Printer for this some years ago, but now this is not giving me the correct date. The choices are the date the digital file was created, the date it was modified, or the most recent date the file was accessed. None of these is the date the photograph was taken.

I have tried several other directory printers with identical results. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minor oops: Great-Grandfather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Filter plugin (using its Sort command), the List View plugin, and the LR/Transporer plugin can all generate CSV files with the information you want. You could then import the CSV file into Access.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines