Disable Keyboard Shortcuts

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to completely disable keyboard shortcuts? I've found that when using the Book module, entering text, I often accidentally invoke a keyboard shortcut instead of entering text. Most recently, this resulted in image selections seemingly going haywire. If I deselected an image, it would automatically select again. Or if I selected one image, another one would be selected with it. Searching for how to solve this, I found a thread with identical symptoms, and the recommendation was to reset the preferences file.

Thankfully, I figured out what was causing the problem before doing this, but it indicates to me that other people run into this issue as well. In this case, a feature I never use, displaying comparison images side by side, was invoked, I'm guessing by pressing the C key, which happens to be the letter I was trying to type into a caption field.

The simplest solution would be to turn off keyboard shortcuts while I'm doing text stuff. Possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how I can edit a post. This is for Lightroom Classic.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way to do that. This was recently asked by somebody else, so I suggest you go to the feedback forum (this is a user-to-user forum), and add your vote.

[I've moved this to the Lighroom Classic forum]

-- Johan W. Elzenga

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines