Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Lightroom Mobile syncing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have found that since creating collections they are trying to sync and dramatically slowing down my processing. I have no desire at all to use Lightroom mobile and it's frustrating to say the least that this is happening automatically- even more so that it does not appear easy to turn off!!!

I have the albums set not to sync yet they are still trying to. All I can seem to do is pause the syncing. However then everytime I remove a photo from the quick collection I get a message saying:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 09.21.13.png

Then it proceeds to do this tutorial procedure where a cursor moves over the Lightroom symbol and tells me how to start syncing again. This is EXCEEDINGLY annoying!

Please- does anyone know how to definitely turn off Lightroom Mobile!? I've looked in the preferences and am struggling to find anyway to do this.

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

In Lr preferences go to Lightroom Mobile Tab and select Delete All Data

Follow the steps online where you will be asked to type in the word "delete"

(this is not quite the same as just deleting the images)

Then look at the drop down list from the upper left corner where you saw Sync with Lightroom Mobile. It should now state "Start" and not Paused. If it still states Paused, click it once and it should change to Start.

Now you have disabled sync.

When you create new collections do not select the butt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper left corner of the main window near the name template, there should be a drop-down list that has "sync with LR Mobile" as an option. From there you should be able to turn it off - pause symbol.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That allows me to 'pause' the syncing but not disable it. I have it paused but it still comes up with this same message as well as the procedure tutorial of how to un-pause it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the tutorial procedure I get everytime I delete a photo from the collection.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 15.43.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the collection itself doesn't have sync turned on. There will be an icon to the left of the collection name if the sync is on. Click on the icon to turn it off.

You can also log into Lightroom Mobile with a browser and remove currently synced collections there. Once all of your images are removed from Lightroom mobile you shouldn't get that message again.

Go to Adobe.com and sign into your CC account. The click the Lr icon in the left panel. That will take you to your synced collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've deleted all my photos from Mobile LR, tried to remove all synching and even set up a new, non-synched collection to try to get around what I can only imagine to be a mistake by Adobe. Still doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr preferences go to Lightroom Mobile Tab and select Delete All Data

Follow the steps online where you will be asked to type in the word "delete"

(this is not quite the same as just deleting the images)

Then look at the drop down list from the upper left corner where you saw Sync with Lightroom Mobile. It should now state "Start" and not Paused. If it still states Paused, click it once and it should change to Start.

Now you have disabled sync.

When you create new collections do not select the button Sync with Lightroom Mobile - In fact it should not be visible.

You should also not be able to see the checkboxes next to the collection names which would indicate synced collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattheww57828833  wrote

I have found that since creating collections they are trying to sync and dramatically slowing down my processing. I have no desire at all to use Lightroom mobile and it's frustrating to say the least that this is happening automatically- even more so that it does not appear easy to turn off!!!

I would be very surprised if that's true. Syncing has minimal effect on LR performance. Something else will be slowing down processing.

That said, Preferences, Mobile, Delete all Data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprise!!! I had the same problem. Maxed my CPU and RAM. Turned off sync. Happiness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How I can turn off ipad lightroom cc sync? I still didn't get it. It is not normal that this is so complicated and people had to open a quest about it. So fxxxing annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines