Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disappeared images - Imported, not showing up, cannot import

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-12-18 06.23.10.png

Can anyone tell me why this is happing?  The images can't be seen in my catalog at all.  there is two different versions of being grayed out.  the ones that are lighter on top are the files missing.  I would love some feedback on this.  It doesn't seem to be a relinking problem I don't think.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom Classic forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the images are greyed out in the Import dialog, this means they are already in your catalog, and should not be imported again. Importing the images again treats them as totally new images with no edits and no user provided metadata, so importing does not fix the problem.

To find them in your catalog, click on All Photographs, then turn off any filters, and then search using the Filter Bar for one or more of these images by File Name.

What has happened is that you have previously imported these photos by using the COPY option (accidentally?), and so now Lightroom thinks the photos are in different folders than you think they are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this with no luck.  However, I did try to import them and unclicked the "Don't import suspected duplicates"   and I was able to upload them!  Referring to my attachment, the ones that were light gray became clear and I was able to upload just those.  The dark gray images (which were not lost) stayed dark gray.

I think what happened was my laptop died during the first time I tried to import them so LR thought they existed.  

Thank you so much for your help!!  I truly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you have imported the photos a second time, and your edits are gone and your user-provided metadata is also gone. Not what I would recommend, for anyone else reading along. Importing a photo twice doesn't really solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines