Disappearing collections

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to version 10 yesterday, I opened LR and discovered all of my collections and smart collections had disappeared. They showed up again when I shut down LR and restarted it, but today they were again MIA and eventually reappeared after restarting again. I back up my catalog daily, but this is worrisome.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time  it happens, create a new collection, and see if the existing ones reappear (without a restart)

Some have reported such (bug?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered resetting the preferences file, perhaps it hot corrupted.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you keep the Collections panel expanded, not collapsed. Restarting LR with the panel collapsed can make your collections disappear.  See this bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-collections-panel-s... 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines