• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display wall portraits at actual size?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure someone out there has been able to easily do this for sales presentations but I can't find it!
I want to be able to display my clients favorite images at actual 36x48, 30x40, 24x36 etc on my 55" display or with my video projector so they can see how that size looks.

I'm aware of the various tools to put a photo of their wall on screen with the portraits ratioed accordingly but I want them to the it at the actual 36"x48", 30"x40", etc

Who has done this?

Shine Your Light!
CG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your 55-inch display, this is easier to do in Photoshop, not Lightroom Classic. The reason is that Lightroom Classic displays images as pure pixels, and does not map them to any real-world unit of measure like inches until print or export. But if you are showing the images inside Lightroom Classic, they’re not being printed or exported, therefore they are not shown at a real world size.

You can’t do this using 100% magnification in Lightroom Classic, because 100% is not a real world size, it’s one image pixel to one display pixel, so the displayed size changes depending on the display ppi.

In Photoshop, you would get this done with these steps:

1. Choose Image > Image Size, confirm that the Width and Height in inches are correct, and confirm that the Resolution in ppi is correct. Then click OK.

2. Choose View > Actual Size. (Not 100%, and not Print Size unless set up properly)

Photoshop-View-Actual-Size.jpg

That’s it. Photoshop should display the image so that one inch on screen equals one inch in the real world. This works as long as Photoshop can get the actual ppi resolution of the display from the operating system, which should be no problem with newer hardware and OSs.

@Studio Galvan wrote:

or with my video projector

For your video projector, nothing above will work. Because no application can know the exact size of your projected image by the time it hits the wall…that size will change if you move the projector a couple inches forward or back. So, for your projector, what you must do is manually adjust the projected size on the wall until it matches real world size.

The convenient thing about the display size being so variable from a projector is that now you might as well use Lightroom Classic. Show an image (maybe in Full Screen mode if you want), then adjust the projector until the projected size matches the real world size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add what Conrad said, you should enter the actual display resolution in Photoshop's preferences (it's supposed to detect this in later versions but might not). 

First measure the width of your display and divide that by the number of pixels its displaying.

For example, on my NEC 3090, the width is 25.25 inches. Its resolution is 2560x1690. 2560/25.25=101.4 PPI.

On my NEC PA271Q, the width is 23.5 inches. Its resolution is 2560x1440. 2560/23.5=109PPI:

ScreenResPref.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines