• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DJI Mavic Pro blur pano when Stitching

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to stitch a photo using Lightroom Classic 10.2 on mac, the result is always blurry, does someone knows how to fix it?

Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-31 a la(s) 20.19.01.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-03-31 a la(s) 20.19.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The problem is caused by the camera recording an incorrect shutterspeed for PANO0003.DNG:

PANO0001.DNG: 1/100,  f/2.2, ISO 100

PANO0002.DNG: 1/50, f/2.2, ISO 187

PANO0003.DNG: 1/4000, f/2.2, ISO 100

The exposure for 3.DNG is close to that of 1.DNG, but it's shutterspeed (1/4000) is obviously wrong. You might consider reporting this to DJI.

Two workarounds:

1. Do the merge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload the three originals to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, we can see what might be going wrong and perhaps suggests alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The problem is caused by the camera recording an incorrect shutterspeed for PANO0003.DNG:

PANO0001.DNG: 1/100,  f/2.2, ISO 100

PANO0002.DNG: 1/50, f/2.2, ISO 187

PANO0003.DNG: 1/4000, f/2.2, ISO 100

The exposure for 3.DNG is close to that of 1.DNG, but it's shutterspeed (1/4000) is obviously wrong. You might consider reporting this to DJI.

Two workarounds:

1. Do the merge in Photoshop using Photo > Edit In > Merge To Panorama In Photoshop.  PS doesn't appear to look at the exposure metadata.

2. Use Exiftool to change the shutter speed of 3.DNG to the same as 1.DNG:

exiftool -exposuretime=1/104 PANO0003.DNG

That allows LR's Photo Merge  > Panorama to work:

johnrellis_0-1617499634990.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did it and it works, thanks a lot, I will report this to DJI. 

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional question, how do you know which is the exposure that I have to put on every photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the examples you provided, two photos had similar exposures (1/100 sec and 1/50 sec) and the third was the outlier (1/4000 sec).  I picked 1/100 for that third photo because its exposure looked similar to the first photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a similar post at the below link created by a different OP. Here's my solution using LensTagger with more information.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/dji-mavic-pro-panos-blurry-after-stitching/m-p/1194...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten entirely that I had reported the panorama bug with neutral density filters:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroomcamera-raw-bad-blending-fro...

Are you sure the DJI doesn't have an ND filter?   If it did, it would have to be at least a 5-stop filter (to account for 1/100 to 1/4000 difference). Your Canon and/AC my Sony have 3-stop filters.

Interestingly, I can't find any EXIF or Makernotes metadata in the Sony RX100 V raws that record when an ND filter is applied, so I'm not sure how LR/ACR determines that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After thinking about this the PANO003.dng image file with the 1/4000 shutter speed can't be due to a ND filter. The PANO0003.dng file has the same exposure as the PANO0003.dng as measured on the wall of the church so their shutter speeds should be the same. With a ND filter the actual and recorded shutter speed should be lower. This appears to be a hardware malfunction in the DJI FC220.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Interestingly, I can't find any EXIF or Makernotes metadata in the Sony RX100 V raws that record when an ND filter is applied, so I'm not sure how LR/ACR determines that."

My Canon G9X MKII has an 'ND Filter' ON/OFF MakerNotes field, but LrC and ACR don't currently read that field. There was some talk about adding that in a future up date, but if many of the camers with ND filters don't record it then I doubt they will add support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The PANO003.dng image file with the 1/4000 shutter speed can't be due to a ND filter. The PANO0003.dng file has the same exposure as the PANO0003.dng as measured on the wall of the church so their shutter speeds should be the same. With a ND filter the actual and recorded shutter speed should be lower."

If 1.DNG had an ND filter of 5-6 stops applied, and 3.DNG had no filter, that would account for the difference in shutterspeeds.

However, an outdoor scene at 6:52 pm would be highly underexposed with 3.DNG's settings (1/4000, f/2.2, ISO 100).  So I agree it's a camera bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There was some talk about adding that in a future up date, but if many of the camers with ND filters don't record it then I doubt they will add support."

At the time of the bug report, Adobe employee Rikk Flohr said, "We have a fix in process for an upcoming release for CR and LrD, LrClassic." But the bug post was never changed to "Solved" and no fix appeared in any release notes.

However, I retested in LR 10.2, and I see a significant improvement for the two Sony examples but no improvement for the Canon example:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroomcamera-raw-bad-blending-fro... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, I can confirm the panorama ND filter issue appears to be fixed in LrC 10.2 with the Sony RX100M5 ARW files. However, my Canon G9X MKII files still exhibit the issue. Rikk claims they are only investigating a fix for the Canon files so it's a mystery as to what was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines