• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter: does it get the best results from Fuji X-Trans raw files like LR Enhance Details?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a user of Lightroom 6 and just bougth a Fuji camera. But now I have found out that my version of Lightroom (6.14) doesn't manage perfectly well the X-Trans raw files from Fuji.  

Do you know if using the Adobe DNG converter (checking the "DNG 1.4 Linear Demosaiced" option) I can get the same benefits of the latest improved LR versions? Then I'd use the DNG converted files into my LR6. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently own 2 Fuji cameras and there is no difference using the RAF files or converting them to DNG.

If it is a newer Fuji camera you will need to convert them to DNG. Or subscribe to the Photography plan or try a different RAW converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information! 

Do you mean with LR6 or with the current LR version? ("no difference using raf or DNG conversion": and do you make the conversion with the "linear demosaiced" option?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Either Or.

IMHO there are better RAW converters for X-Trans files. I always get the Worm effect if I try to sharpen to much with every version LrC or ACR or with converted DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines