• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG files automatically convert to Black&White in LR when imported - V11.4

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing converted DNG files into Lightroom Classic they get automatically converted to B&W even though the import Profile is set to None and all Presets are set to defaults. This does NOT happen when converting the same files with DNG Converter v11.3. BTW the compatibility is set to 7.1 and later.

Incidentally I've experienced this with Fujifilm X-T30 raw images.

This phenomenon has been reported in the LightRoom forum in the past; since it isn't happening on v11.3, I consider this as a DNG Converter regression.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RuudV,

This is exactly what has been happening to me! Fujifilm X-T30 and having to process RAF into DNG. The odd thing is it was working fine one week, then it swapped to B+W and applied a monochrome filter the next. I am not aware of updating the converter version in between but will check the version no. now. 

Has anyone else experienced or fixed this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest DNG Converter? That should be 12.2.1

On another note Fuji users have been complaining for years about the quality of Adobe's processing of RAF files is there a specific need or compelling reason you are Converting the files to DNG?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DdeGannes,

Yes - due to a combination of old computer with not much power and Fujifilm not being fully supported in the software I have - I do need to change to DNG first. However, I did single out the issue once I downloaded an independant RAW viewer (Which was showing my camera images in colour) so then installed 12.2.1 (I was on 12.2.0) - and it worked!

Thank you for your help - very appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GStoutjesdijk,

Which Version of Lightroom-Classic are you using?

The X-T30 has been supported from Version 8.2 - for higher versions of Lr the DNG Converter App is not needed to allow Import of RAF files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WobertC,

I think I just replied to another answer of yours - Once I get a new set up then this issue will hopefully be a thing of the past! Thank you for your advice - it has been super helpful for a newbie like me!

Cheers,

GStoujesdijk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines