• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom 6 support 2 Screens

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Lightroom 6 and I am thinking of buying a second screen for a better/larger

display for the fotos. Does Lightroom 6 support dual screens. And if so how to install them. Does

Lightroom 6 recognizes them and offers changes ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

People are sloppy with terminalogy.  Lightroom CLASSIC (LRC) does support 2 monitors BUT Lightroom 7 (LR- the current Lightroom that also NOW supports local files) does NOT support 2 monitors.  This is one of several things missing from LR that are in LRC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Please check the date of the discussion before you post a late answer. This discussion is three years old. Lightroom desktop was not yet at version 6 at that time, so nobody was sloppy with the terminology. At that time 'Lightroom 6' could only be the predecessor of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

@PatGarrett 

@JohanElzenga Was talking about Lightroom DESKTOP. Thank Adobe for the confusing naming 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer's video card supports two screens, then Lightroom 6 can make use of both.

Please note if you add a 4K or larger monitor, then you may need a more powerful GPU or CPU or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to install. If your computer has two screens, Lightroom 6 can use them. You activate the second screen via the menu 'Window - Secondary Display - Show'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep and I'll be the third to confirm that yes LR6 has/does support the use of 2 monitors.

I have had that running on an 2011 iMac with OS software several versions (at least) back from High Sierra currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual monitor support dates back to Lightroom 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People are sloppy with terminalogy.  Lightroom CLASSIC (LRC) does support 2 monitors BUT Lightroom 7 (LR- the current Lightroom that also NOW supports local files) does NOT support 2 monitors.  This is one of several things missing from LR that are in LRC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the date of the discussion before you post a late answer. This discussion is three years old. Lightroom desktop was not yet at version 6 at that time, so nobody was sloppy with the terminology. At that time 'Lightroom 6' could only be the predecessor of Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your dates wrong... " Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC
(unofficially: version 7.0) was officially released on October 18, 2017"
So I believe three years ago ONLY LRC supported 2 monitors. That said,
TODAY (Dec 23) Lightroom does not, ONLY LRC supports 2 monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PatGarrett 

@JohanElzenga Was talking about Lightroom DESKTOP. Thank Adobe for the confusing naming 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your dates wrong... " Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC(unofficially: version 7.0) was officially released on October 18, 2017"So I believe three years ago ONLY LRC supported 2 monitors. That said,TODAY (Dec 23) Lightroom does not, ONLY LRC supports 2 monitors
By @PatGarrett

Maybe you should read my answer again. I did not talk about which version of Lightroom supports 2 screens and which version does not. I reacted to your remark about 'being sloppy with terminology'. Nobody was sloppy with terminology in the discussion three years ago. At that time "Lightroom 6" could only mean one application: the old Lightroom version which was the predecessor of what is now called Lightroom Classic.

Today it would indeed be sloppy to talk about 'Lightroom 6', because today it could mean two different apps. That is why I advised to always check the date of an old discussion before you jump in (or perhaps better: do not jump in at all if a discussion is that old).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your'e missing the point completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines