• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom CC have intelligent/smart cateloging?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen it done in Microsoft OneDrive Photo where it automatically detect/recognize an image as Outdoor, Trees, Buildings, Animals etc. Does Lightroom CC Smart Collection have this capability without using keywords, metadata, captions, descriptions etc.? Is Lightroom CC smart enough to have have auto-recognition and cataloging?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Adobe recommends that you use one or the other. But with caution they can be used together. I use Classic on my desktop and Lightroom on my laptop.

If you wish to switch completely there is a migration tool which enables a Lightroom Classic catalog to be imported into Lightroom. It will be some time before the new kid comes close to feature parity with Classic for a complex workflow but those looking to edit their photos everywhere on all devices, without catalog or folder worries love it.

Go from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC |

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud version known as Lightroom uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to recognise subjects, without user intervention. Smart collections in Lightroom Classic do not have this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! So, can I use the cloud and Classic version interchangeably or I have to pick one or the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use them both simultaneously if you want, but I would not call this "interchangeably" as the two applications do different things. You ought to search for discussions about using both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic at the same time, and how they work with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recommends that you use one or the other. But with caution they can be used together. I use Classic on my desktop and Lightroom on my laptop.

If you wish to switch completely there is a migration tool which enables a Lightroom Classic catalog to be imported into Lightroom. It will be some time before the new kid comes close to feature parity with Classic for a complex workflow but those looking to edit their photos everywhere on all devices, without catalog or folder worries love it.

Go from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that if you use both LR CC (cloud-focused) and LR Classic (desktop-focused), the Adobe feature Sensei (which lets you search for automatically recognized objects) will only be available in LR CC. You won't be able to access that feature from the LR Classic catalog. An alternative is the Any Vision plugin for LR Classic, which uses Google Cloud Vision to recognize objects, activities, places, and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC no longer exists. It's simply Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC no longer exists. It's simply Lightroom.

Thanks 😆 (or should that be :-<). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes john it gets more confusing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis, thank you for the Any Vision plugin. I'll take a look, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines