• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom Classic work with Big Sur?

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sur (version 11)macOS Big Sur (version 11)

With the release of macOS big Sur (version 11), you may wonder if Lightroom Classic is compatible, or if you should wait to install the new OS update.

For upgrade recommendations and a list of known issues that we're aware of thus far, see Lightroom Classic and Big Sur | macOS 11.

If you run into any issues while using Lightroom Classic in Big Sur that are not listed in the above article, please let us know here in the Lightroom Classic community.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Big Sur, I have been unable to physically print identity plates to my printer. My printer driver and software is up to date. Identity plates do print to jpeg however. I'm trying to determine if this is a lightroom or printer issue. Has anyone else had problems printing identity plates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone please explain what a BETA is? I was always under the impression the beta provides enigneers and developers early access to the new software so they have AMPLE time to resolve incompatibiltie issues. This doesn't seem to be the case with Adobe. It would appear as Adobe prefers the consumer run the latest OS and report bugs before testing for compatibility. 

Luminar to the rescue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New iMac with Big Sur OS.  Just downloaded LR, LR Classic and PS. LR Classic will not launch. The report indicates it "hangs." Other programs launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I downloaded Lightrrom classic version 10.1.1 and everytime I try to move the slider back and fourth it likes to just freeze in place. Anyway to fix this? Not sure if its a apple thing or lightroom thing. Im on macOS Big sur version 11.2 any help would be much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working fine after I imported photos off a sd card. The photos before were off a flash drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So -- if we are having real issues with the BigSur update and lightroom should we revert back to Catalina? I had no idea before updating my iMac -- or will that mess things up more? 

1. I am unable to view previews prior to import.

2. I do not have minimize, close, maximize buttons

3. I am unable to compare images

4. I AM SO AGGRAVATED 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading takes an enormous amount of effort... it's better to push Adobe for an extensive update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems started as soon I updated to Big Sur, had I known I was going to have so many problems I would have waited.  

The program starts to crash when I start using the ajustment brush.  First it lags and then the curor disappears then the brush indicator disappers and then you can't get out of the adjustment brush tool.  I thought it was a memory issue because the new operating system uses more memory and I signiificanly upgraded my memory but not any better.  What exactly am I paying for???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s ridiculous I have the same issues and Adobe don’t care

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo frustrated. Upgraded (???) to Big Sur 4 days ago and since then, I cannot consistently eject the SD card or the Time Machine external hard drive, and more maddenly, cannot import photos into lightroom from my SD card. What is going on??? I have a loaded 2017 iMac, the LR CC subscription service and as previously note, Big Sur. This is pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me with Lightroom classic  10.2 and Big Sur is the brush tool no longer works.  When I open the brush tool, as soon as I try to move the brush onto the image, the brush freezes.  

I can move the brauch all around the image in the grey area to the left and right of the image, but if I try to actually brush anywhere, the tool freezes until I move my mouse enough for the brush to reappear in the grey again outside of the image.

As I move my mouse around, the histogram still changes, as it would as a brush moves around the image but I cannot see the brush outline.  The brush outline remains outside of the image.  If I brush with the "ghost brush", the image will change, just no telling where.

Gonna need a fix for this, that's for sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 27inch iMac

3.8ghz 8 core I7

64 Gib 2667 DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The great news is that with the advent of so many quality lightroom competitors, making the switch to Luminar, ON1, Capture 1 or Exposure 6 is a snap and actually provides more tools than lightroom anyhow. 

It seems to me that adobe is chasing the mobile market with new lightroom, which is of course is inundated with a manners of apps for iphone and android photo takers.  I don't see adobe making much headway there especially considering their old school log in practices is just more and more making the software inconvenient to use.  The day for me is coming soon where my spell with Adobe is being broken.  Premiere Pro is too easily replaced with the excellent Davinci Resolve, lightroom is far too easy to replace... why am I paying a monthly fee?  Increasingly I'm having difficulty coming up with a good answer.  Photoshop I guess is the best answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I run Lightroom 6 nd since I upgraded my mac to Big Sur I can't import any new photos. Other that that lightroom is working normally.

Can you help ?

Thank you !

Constant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give more details, when I import photos (even in a new catalog) lightroom crashes without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The "legacy" version of Lightroom does not work with Big Sur according to the notes and warning from Adobe:

here is what Adobe says:

"

Are legacy versions compatible?

No. Unsupported versions of Lightroom Classic were not designed or tested to work on macOS Big Sur (version 11).

Older versions use 32-bit licensing components and installers and will not be able to be installed, uninstalled, or activated after upgrading to macOS Big Sur. 

If you have already upgraded to macOS Big Sur, use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall older versions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe doesn't reply here we have to surmise they are giving a middle finger to classic because they wish to black mail us into the cloud.    I will not go along, unlike a few years ago, Adobe has agressive competitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Daryl-Hunter wrote:

Since Adobe doesn't reply here we have to surmise they are giving a middle finger to classic because they wish to black mail us into the cloud.    I will not go along, unlike a few years ago, Adobe has agressive competitors.

Adobe does ocassionaly reply here but this is a user to user forum. 

Don't go along, move on. Black mail; silly talk. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines