• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom support the new HEIC format that Apple is using?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if it does, what versions support it?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Not supported by Lightroom at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not supported by Lightroom at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4.

This update includes the support for HEIF image files on macOS High Sierra v10.13 or later.

Here's a list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LR classic at 7.5 Release and my Mac is using OS X El Capitain version 10.11.6. Lightroom is not able to open HEIC files. I know that High Sierra is mentioned but I believe that El Capitain is a higher version than that. Is there something I am missing or not doing right? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grahamc86401658  wrote

I know that High Sierra is mentioned but I believe that El Capitain is a higher version than that

This is not correct. If you were to look at the version number of El Capitan (which is 10.11), you could see it is not as recent an operating as 10.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue isn't resolved.  I'm using Mac Catalina and version 9.3 of Lightroom Classic and still get an error message that the files can't be edited.   What is the point of a photo-editing software that can't edit photos????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines