• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does restoring Lightroom to factory settings mean that you loose all your imports and Lightroom work

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in my desperation of finding a solution to the problem of Lightroom continually freezing after upgrading to V10.1, I read somewhere to try restoring Lightroom to : Factory settings.

Now all the imports have vanished !!!!! All the work I have ever done to my images : GONE.

Is there a way of restoring all my Lightroom work ? Rather than starting all over again ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have opened the wrong catalog file. Use File->Open Recent and look at each catalog shown there. If you don't find it that way, then use your operating system's search feature to find all files one all disks whose name ends with .LRCAT (might be lower case); and then open each one found by double-clicking on it.

If that doesn't work, then please explain exactly how you reset Lightroom to Factor settings. Please explain how you did this step-by-step, leaving nothing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, but now I have another problem.

Due to serious issues with the Lightroom upgrade V10.1, I have downgraded to Lightroom version 9.4.

Now the program works perfectly, but I am unable to import the cataloguefile containing all my pictures, because I get this message below:  Can you help please ?

Dahlphotography_0-1608384754642.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about LrC 10.0? Please try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 

I have now upgraded to V10 and all my problems are solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom catalogs are not backwards compatible, so a version 10 catalog cannot be opened in LrC 9.4.

The version 10 catalog is an upgraded copy of the version 9 catalog, which should still be on your computer.

Double-click the version 9 catalog file to open it, or use File > Open in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I finally understand how this all works and so I am now back on V10 and everything works smoothely. I am super grateful for all the help you are all giving me.

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got to down load your work and save it on a sd or memory card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Leekowens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines