Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double and triple copy rights in images

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My images are showing up with multiple copyright watermarks.  I don't kow how that happened. I have deleted the watermarks within the system - or as much as I have found online (meaning the tutorials). Yet they are still there.  How do I get rid of all of these watermarks, so I can just get one watermark on my images

UPDATE

Hello,  Surprised thought this was a community that was there to help - not shred.  Thank you, but you are wrong. As for how I do things - I do them correctly for me and until this last update I did not have any problems.  I'm working around this problem I originally posted about. So, thanks for NOT being helpful.  I spoke clearly, consively, and yet...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "showing up"?

Are you Importing photos to the Catalog Library that have had a Watermark embedded previously?

Are you Exporting?

Are you in the Print Module?

What Version Number of Lr-Classic?

What Watermarks have you "deleted"?

Can you post a screen-clip to show the problem?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "showing up"? I had a preset that had my watermark them Adobe/me erased everything off of my laptop - I didn't see it so I thought it was gone so I did another.  I then got double watermarks on top of each other

Are you Importing photos to the Catalog Library that have had a Watermark embedded previously? On some yes, on other no they were brand new photos that I was working on

Are you Exporting? Yes, and I make sure all of the correct boxes are checked including the watermark

Are you in the Print Module?No Library module to export

What Version Number of Lr-Classic? 2019 the brand new software including all of the updates

What Watermarks have you "deleted"? Under Lightroom Classics top left corner, then edit watermarks

Can you post a screen-clip to show the problem?Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.11.52 PM.png

I hope this comes thru opk for you to see the problem and thank you so much for your help

LueyD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I am not understanding your workflow.

If you have a photo in the Lightroom Catalog AND it has a Watermark already visible on the image,

then if you Export this image with the Watermark option checked 'on' then- yes- you will get a double watermark.

Any Exported photo will have the WM permanently embedded in the pixel data of the new photo.

Perhaps you are Importing photos already with a Watermark and Exporting again with the WM option 'on'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use catalogs. 

When I first imported the image I sent just now was a brand new fresh one.  However post editing when exporting is when I noticed two and I made sure to shut OFF the watermarks in exporting. And yet as you can clearly see there are two there.

Cheers,

LueyD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LueyD wrote- "I don't use catalogs"-  Well you DO. A Catalog is the basis for the working of Lightroom and viewing your photos. Lr would not show anything at all if there was no data in the Catalog!

You also state- "When I first imported the image" - There is only ever ONE import for each 'Original' (out of camera) photo. You do not Import a photo to the Catalog, Remove it from the Catalog, then Import the photo again.

And with the photos you Export (with a Watermark) there should never be a need to Import these into the Catalog ever, as you can always Export from the 'Original' any time in the future (with a WM, or not).

I believe you are Importing your Exported photos (having a WM) and then Exporting them a second (or third) time- adding the WM a second (or third) time in the Export dialog. It is the wrong workflow!

"Post Editing" ? Are you referring to the photo WITH a WM being editied in Lr?

Again- Only edit the Original photo (with NO WM) before you Export it, and if you want different versions -use Virtual Copies (or saved 'Snapshots') .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go along with the above.

You DO use a catalog. It is the only way LR Classic works.

The only time you can get a watermark on an images is at Time of Export. There is no other way to place a watermark on an image except when exporting it.

So if you have images that have Double watermarks on them then you exported those images, Added a watermark to them and then Exported the already exported and watermarked image and added a second watermark.

Clearly you don't know how LR Classic works and the proper way to work with LR Classic.

I suggest you view some online tutorials on working with LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My images are showing up with multiple copyright watermarks.  I don't kow how that happened. I have deleted the watermarks within they system -m or as much as I have found online. Yet they are still there.  How do I get rid of all of these watermarks, so I can just get one watermark on my images?

"as I have found online"

What do you mean by that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines