• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download memory card from NIKON Z6II

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Nikon Z 6II, formatted the XQD card, took some "demo" photos BUT could NOT download them on LR Classics!! When is LR Classic going to update software so I can use the the Z 6II photos in LR Classic ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Adobe have support for the big camera releases in the version that follows the release. Sometimes if both release coincide they have preliminary support. Version 10.0 just came out last month, so my guess would be 10.1. Dot releases are usually quarterly. Welcome to the bleeding edge. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I’ll wait and see if an update is in. Have a
safe and healthy holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As all of the previous Z models have been supported, I doubt they'll be skipping this, so at least you know it'll be supported. On the few occasions I've been there , I've shot Raw+JPEG, so at least I have something to show. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s interesting I tried downloading it on On 1 software it went
through.. Go figure.. lol.
Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dot releases are usually quarterly."

LR Classic releases every two months for the past several years.   Support for new cameras from the major brands usually appear in the release following the availability of the camera.  The Nikon Z 6II shipped mid-October, right before LR 10.0 shipped, so there's a reasonable likelihood it will be supported by LR 10.1, which might arrive in a couple of weeks.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only hit 9.4 in the previous year John, so shouldn't we had hit 9.5 if this were true? Yes, I do know you've been tracking it, hence why I'm asking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I stopped tracking a couple years ago when it became clear that Classic was being released on a regular schedule. 

With LR 9, don't forget 9.2.1, which fixed some bugs and released some new camera support.  (At the time, I recall Adobe announced it was a limited release due to COVID.)

Being a nerd, I was curious, so using lightroomqueen.com, here are all the releases since 8.0 (*).   A new version with bug fixes and new camera support has come out on average every 57 days:

Untitled.png

Look at the regularity of the last five releases -- every 63 days.  That suggests that 10.1 is scheduled for Tue 12/22 😆

(*) 8.3.1 was a true patch release in 5/2019 to fix a problem exporting to network drives.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a happy Christmas for a few people! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines