• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download photos from synced collections

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have synced a photo collection, made it public and can view it on the web. However, when I click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner the option to download photos from the web is not there. help. I have done this before without a problem, is there a process I'm not following? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions:

1. Have you remembered to enable the download option in the album share settings? Answer needs to be "Yes".

2. Are you viewing the shared album from within your LrWeb portal, or are you viewing through a separate browser window using the shared link? The answer needs to be the latter, i.e. the download option is only available when viewing the album via the shared URL, it is not available when viewing the album through your LrWeb portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So what I figured out is that if I look at the synced collection via “view on web” under “Private link” then I can click on the picture of a person with a “+” sign in the right upper corner - this gives me the option to set the option to download, under settings. 

Thanks again,
Let me know if you have a better way
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, doing that basically launches your LrWeb portal, from where you then have access to the album share settings. Classic is the probably the least capable app for setting up a web share, i.e. you can't actually change settings in Classic, all you have is a hot wire to the LrWeb app, where you then have all the control you need. Any of the other Lightroom apps can directly control the album sharing options.

Personally, I leave the LrWeb app permanently active in a browser window....I tend to do most of my album sharing that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines