• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Verification

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning, I purchased a Lightroom 6 Licence on ebay and was given this link to download:

http://prdl-download.adobe.com/Lightroom/60BA1251F1BC48B8B82B1B63AE8E620E/1552643270580/Lightroom_6_...

Before I install, I wanted to verify this was in fact a valid Adobe Direct Download link? I cannot find a Lightroom6 direct download anywhere.

And before some tells me to use CC. I've used it, its great but I HATE that adobe went the path of subscription based licenses. I do not do a lot with Lightroom, and I dont need the overhead of a monthly payment or any of the features creative cloud offers.

Thanks for your time.

Zach

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you whether it's valid or not. It probably is. But be aware that it's probably an installation file for Lightroom 6.0. "If" you are using Catalina (you haven't provided any information) you won't be able to install it because the installer is 32-bit. That is the first consideration. Lightroom 6.0 had 14 updates. The updates are difficult if not impossible to find. The only update you need is 6.14, and it's difficult to find. If you shoot raw images, and your camera is relatively new, your raw images may not be supported even if you are able to locate the 6.14 update.

Lightroom 6 is quite behind the times now. I hope it works out for you. There is no support from Adobe, but you can get some assistance on this forum. It is sponsored and maintained by Adobe, but most of the participants here are just other Lightroom users. Good luck..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Jim's reply: I downloaded the file (which is safe -- it comes from adobe.com and it's digitally signed by Adobe Systems Incorporated).  But it installs LR 6.0 on Windows, not the last version 6.14 (and not for Mac).  You can download LR 6.14 and add your license following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370?page=1#M1...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both. Unsuprisingly the Ebay user got pulled due to "concerns on the account" I am okay with the slightly older lightroom myself and as a windows user I had no issues with that installer. Looks like I am back to Adobe CC though. Thank you both for the assistance.  Cheers - Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines