• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading from a collection online... images are all reduced size?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I created a collection in Lightroom and it syncs with my creative cloud account. I shared this online folder with a print shop, so that they could download images and print them as orders come in. Customers can even browse this attractive layout on a monitor at the shop. This seemed like a great solution, except I'm realizing that images downloaded from this online folder are severely reduced in size/quality. Images that are 6000 pixels across are downloading at around 2000 pixels across. This makes them worthless for printing large, and even more worthless as an additional back-up, which I was kind of happy about having.  Is this just a setting I can change? Are the images there online in full size, or did they upload at reduced quality? Any way to make this little system work for my needs? 

Thanks..... 

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

LrC sync to cloud, smart previews, not originals

Does Lightroom Classic sync the original files?

Lightroom Classic to Cloud: If you sync collections from Lightroom Classic, only smart previews are synced. Smart previews do not consume space on the cloud.

Cloud to Lightroom Classic: If you sync images from Lightroom desktop or Lightroom for mobile to Lightroom Classic, original files are downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that makes sense... pretty frustrating that they don't let you sync full res images the easy way. 

question: I don't even have Lightroom desktop... is that the same as looking at it on a browser window? Or do I need this app installed? (never heard of it actually... I don't use the cloud stuff, I just want an easy way to upload files for someone else to download in full res).  Which brings up my other question... all I want is an online collection for the print shop to download from in full resolution.  Will my "collection" online now be full res, or do I need to re-create it from the online version of lightroom now that I have full res stuff on there? Or can you even do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Lightroom for the purpose of sending full res images to the printer. Find some other way to do that, email or web sharing services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what I'm landing on, thanks. I wanted the convenience of the easy upload directly from Lightroom without having to export everything first, and the attractivness of the online 'collection' for people to be able to browse images on a terminal at the shop, but I guess that's not gonna happen.  I guess I can still make the collection for them to browse, but then share the actual files some other way. Boo. Not a fan of the smart preview thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add the exported files to a Dropbox folder, then share the link.

Works well enough for sharing limited numbers of full-size image files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines