Exit

Duplicate images on import and apply presets

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

this is what I am tryiong to do

I made 2 presets, a color one and a BW one.

when I import images from the card, I would like to:

• copy the image on the disk
  • create a duplicate (or a virtual copy)
  • apply the color preset to an image and the BW preset to the other

is there a way to achieve this?

many thanks

Manuel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuel,

Under the File Handling panel in the import screen you can  check the Create a Collection box and then apply a develop preset. You will have  to choose one or the other though because you won't be able to create (2) collections upon import. Easy enough though. Once your  collection is made you can go to the  folder and make a second collection - choose make virtual copies and apply your second develop preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I need to do this automatically because I want to do this when importign, for example, 100 images, so I can't do this manually every time.

Also, in the File Handling box I can only see the "Add to Collection" checkbox.

thanks

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you click on  Add to Collection the  panel expands and on the right you will  see a + icon to add a new collection. There  you can choose to make virtual copies. You will have to manually make your second set. This process is quick as the images will already be imported. To make a second collection and  apply a second develop preset should take less than  a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not an option in the import dialog to create an additional virtual copy and apply a separate preset to that virtual copy. It will be necessary to do that as an additional operation following the import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines