Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Photos

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would you please help me to delete my duplicate photos? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi daryoushk,

Need more info: about how many images, out of how many total images, across how many folders, what kind of images (jpg, raw, tiff, etc)?

Which release of LR classic are you using, and what is your OS (and what release)?

Quick answer: there's no easy quick way within LRC to do this. There are tricks you can use to make it less painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply.

I have about 60 thousands Images. One mother folders and images are Raw and jpg.

I'm using V10 on Mac latest version.

Thanks

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Lightroom-Classic: One suggestion- This blog article about a LrC Plugin-

Duplicate Photos (Lightroom Queen)

Note:

A Plugin that works within LrC will only 'find' duplicates within the Catalog Library.

A 'Dup Finder' that works outside of LrC can find images, that if deleted, may cause "Missing" error messages for image previews in the Catalog.

Deleting 'Duplicates' always involves decisions by you to determine which files to delete. There is no reliable 'automatic' way for this.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way is to use something like ThumbsPlus, outside of LrC, use it to apply keywords, the in LrC search on the keyword you created.

http://www.cerious.com

Ahh dirty word, Windows only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines