• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate (same image with different name )

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:-)

I have huge amount of "duplicate", meaning same image but with a different name and file format. If I try a pluggin to find duplicates it finds the images with same name but not all the others... I think there is no software for this so i try to split my screen in 2, but also impossible to get 2 screens with "grid" option. Do you have any tips for me please? Thank you so much:-) have a nice day, Laurent

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2020-10-14 à 15.04.08.png

Capture d’écran 2020-10-14 à 15.01.08.png

  here is an example, same photo but different names....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Laurent,

And which Plugin are you using?

The Teekesselchen Plugin can find files based on Capture Date, ignoring Filenames, FIle Type, and File-size.

So make changes to the Plugin options, you should be able to achieve results that are useful.

ScreenShot033.jpg

These options find different named JPGs that were exported from the raw NEFs.-

ScreenShot034.jpg

Duplicate Photos (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wobert, and thnak you very much for your answer.

I use Teekesselchen Plugin also, but the problem is that all these "duplicate" photo were created after the original date, so i can also not use dates as option.... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created your 'duplicates' from the originals, then I would think that 'Capture Date' would be the same.

My JPG and TIF derivatives (from NEFs) all show "Date Time Original" the same as the original NEFs.

Maybe your process to create the 'duplicates' did not preserve "Date Time Original".

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobert, Yes i checked and date is different. In fact to be honest I do not know how these duplicates cames from...Maybe exportation for FB and other media. Anyway the date does not match. Do you know maybe a way to split the original screen in 2 parts? So i will be abble to get duplicate on top and research for original on base?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only suggest to split the screen with Lightroom-Classic Grid view and other software eg. Adobe Bridge.

It is going to be an arduous 'Visual' task to find images that look alike.

If @johnrellis is watching this thread- I seem to recall he knew about software with AI that could find 'look-alike' photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you so much for suggestions. in fact i do not use adobe bridge, I'll try it right away 🙂 ..Then hope your firend can suggest something else, again thank you for your input. have a nice day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"If @johnrellis is watching this thread- I seem to recall he knew about software with AI that could find 'look-alike' photos."

My Any Vision plugin will find near-duplicates using the content labels from Google Cloud Vision (AI):

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyvision.htm#find

Sometimes it does amazingly well. For example, it found these near-duplicates taken three years apart, in a catalog of 32K photos:

find.png

The labels Google assigned to the two photos were:

---------------

suit (99), formal wear (96), tuxedo (93), blazer (88), standing (87), gentleman (85), fashion (84), outerwear (78), socialite (68), flooring (68), haute couture (66), white collar worker (59), businessperson (58)

---------------

suit (98), formal wear (95), standing (91), tuxedo (86), gentleman (84), fashion (81), blazer (79), outerwear (79), socialite (68), coat (66), flooring (65), businessperson (56), official (56), white collar worker (56), haute couture (52)

---------------

But sometimes the suggested near-duplicates are hilariously bad.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis, thank you so much for this information. I'll try tomorrow. Thank you so much! :-))))

PS: I'll keep you posted

have a nice night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis, I have download, installed, paid your pluggin and...it is wonderful, it help me a lot! thank you very much!!!!!! :-))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, glad you find it useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines