• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated sync folders

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two seemingly distinct (but related) issues going on with Lightroom Classic CC v10 on Windows, both relating to `Folders`:

1. Some photos are duplicated between my primary folder and a sync folder

I have intended to keep all of my photos at D:\photos, a location which currently has 47,120 photos in it. However, there are an additional 27,008 photos in a sync folder called `ARES` (which is the name of my computer). When I look in the sync folder, it appears consist of duplicated photos from D:\photos - but I'm not certain that it doesn't contain other stuff as well. Regardless, I would like to consolidate everything into one location and not be syncing photos from my local computer to... my local computer. But what's the best way to achieve this? Should I import the photos from `ARES` into the primary folder, ignoring duplicates?

2. My phone is represented in multiple sync folders

I have not one but *four* sync folders called `xPhone`, and each contains photos from my phone that were taken at different periods of time. I want these all to be consolidated, but there doesn't appear to be an easy way to merge them. I have seen the option to go into Sync Preferences and check the 'Specify location for Lightroom's Synced images' option, but does that also merge the sync folders in the Folders menu? 

2020-11-17 15-51-10.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using both Lightroom (the cloud based version) and LrC on your computer?

Simple fact is LrC does Not Sync Folder. It synces Collections.

The folder are from LrC downloading images that have been uploaded to the Web system from what looks like your phone and your computer. That is why I asked if you had the Cloud based version install on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh - yes, I do have them both installed. I had installed Lr out of the hope that I could transition to it, but I've found it hard to navigate and have used it very little.

Does this mean that I need to uninstall Lr from my computer altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly. Did you import those images that are shown in Ares into Lr desktop (the cloud version)?

I find it real funny that you have FOLDERS with the Sync Icon on them. Normally the sync icon only shows up on Collections.

I have imported images taken with my phone into the Lr Mobile app and those have been uploaded to the Web system and down to LrC on my desktop computer but there are No Sync icons on the folders they are stored in.

2020-11-17 21_33_00-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that I migrated from my LrC catalog into Lr when I first installed it. I do also have the auto-sync on from my phone to Lr, though I'm not sure why it's showing up four times in LrC. 

Note, my sync icons are a layer of hierarchy above yours - I'm interpreting that they're on the `folder` rather than on the `subfolder`.

2020-11-17 21-57-55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter about Folder hierarchy. you can't synce Folders in LrC.

Try it yourself. Select a folder on your drive and see if you can Sync it to the Web and Mobile versions of Lr. Therre is No option for that to happen

IIRC at one time when a phone would sync image to the wed system and then down to LrC (previously Lr CC) you would get the Phones Name in the Folders section. Not sure on which version of LrC that stopped.

I have my Sync settings set to place those kinds of images, ones synced from my phone, into the folder I show and into Subfolder with the Date of when the images were taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, they're definitely syncing. One of the `xPhone` folders has photos in it that I took today on my phone, and I haven't physically plugged my phone into LrC today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines