• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicates of single images in Smart Collections

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new smart collection and when it populated the collection after I set my criteria I noticed that most, but not all, of the photos were "duplicated".  I put that in quotes because there is only one of the image in the folder on my hard drive and it only shows up once in the catalog folder in Lightroom.  It is only when I look at my smart collection that I see these duplicates.  Which of course throws off my image count but also creates other problems as well.  I have tried rebooting the app, re-booting the computer and nothing helps.  And even more strangely not all the photos in the folder that I've selected for are duplicated either.  Any help fixing this would be appreciated.  thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

And.... I figured it out.... I don't remember doing it but my backup drive is now part of my lightroom catalog. So it's pulling the images from both my original folder and my backup NAS drive folders since it was a smart collection it just looked for those criteria (name, file type etc). Solved the problem by dl'ing the folders from the NAS drive off of LR. Can't figure out how to remove the drive from the catalog so that will have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure these a "duplicates" are not Virtual Copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure.  Virtual copies have the dogged ear to mark them on the bottom left corner.  These do not.  Their metadata is exactly the same as well.  These "copies" only show up in the smart collections, in the regular catalog there is only the proper single image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of the gallery view showing the duplicates.  You can't tell but the metadata on each is exactly the same.Smart_Collection_dups_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And.... I figured it out.... I don't remember doing it but my backup drive is now part of my lightroom catalog. So it's pulling the images from both my original folder and my backup NAS drive folders since it was a smart collection it just looked for those criteria (name, file type etc). Solved the problem by dl'ing the folders from the NAS drive off of LR. Can't figure out how to remove the drive from the catalog so that will have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I realized I have the same issue. What worked for me...
I've added another rule:
Folder does not contain "backup".

Thats it, duplicates are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines