• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

During import: what does "Sync Paused" and "Sync On" mean?

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Lightroom Classic and now when I import, I see a notification on the screen that says "Sync Paused." Later during that same import, I see "Sync On." I did not see that before.

I checked Preferences > Lightroom Sync but I didn't see anything that seemed to relate to those notifications.

What do those notifications mean and is it something new for v9.3 or did some setting go back to a default?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screen shot of it to clarify what you mean?

9.3 added the new "cloud symbol" to show status of sync.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my blog post relating to the 9.3 update which shows a full list of notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe exactly where on your screen you are seeing these notifications?

When I Hover over the cloud icon I see a popup "Sync is Paused" (as I'm not syncing any images at this time) and I just di an import and did not see any notification of any type about the Sync status.

Could be your internet connection dropped out and then came back on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached screenshots. Shortly after beginning an import session I see "Sync Paused" and near the end of that same import session I see "Sync On."

It's not an internet connection issue, as it happens consistently during import. It's as if there's a setting to pause syncing during import. That sounds familiar but I haven't found any reference to it online or in LrC settings.

Capture-two.PNG

Capture-three.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I see those notifications is IF I Sync and then Pause Sync. I have the sync feature turned off presently.

I did an import this morning and did not get these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started after I saved backups on a trip, on my iPad - so either a recent update made Lightroom Classic more talkative or the whole syncing kicked off somehow when those images found their way from iPad to laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Josef340043128z1g Are you aware that you posted on a 3 year old post?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines