I wanted to build a slide with my images and got this message

any ideas ?

Many thanks, Thierry

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 12.33.22 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

All your files will be preserved. However, it is good to have backups of them.

See this link for what files and where they are stored:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling Lightroom as suggested in the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian

not yet... I will so how can I save all my presets, prefs.... ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your files will be preserved. However, it is good to have backups of them.

See this link for what files and where they are stored:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deal Guys, it's working now

Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not good news, I tried several times to export in video... process start and stop at 10/15%

any idea ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling , still no cigar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my bug is back also with the original message, very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems. On my Macbook air and on my Imac.

I reinstalled LR Classic CC.

I've updated my IOS to 10.13.2.

And now my ideas have dried. Who has the answer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

I need help for this topic, I need to build a slide for my client from my images

Please let me know, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  LR Classic CC, MacOS 10.12.6. I have reinstalled LR several times and rebooted the computer.   I have found that LR logs a security error at the time it tries to open the DLS.

default    11:36:50.199115 -0500    Adobe Lightroom Classic    UNIX error exception: 17
private/var/db/mds/system/mdsDirectory.db: 50744 bytes

default    11:36:50.199371 -0500    Adobe Lightroom Classic    UNIX error exception: 17

default    11:36:50.199457 -0500    Adobe Lightroom Classic    0x610019474940 opened /Users/rscheibe/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db: 769732 bytes
    default    11:36:50.202453 -0500    Adobe Lightroom Classic    0x60800dc6e1c0 opened /Library/Keychains/System.keychain: 93948 bytes

Sorry about the columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still the same bug and you Guys ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have still the same bug ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem when I play a slideshow on Lightroom Classic CC using my MacBook Pro; if I close the program, re-launch, the slideshow plays; but then it may stop, and when I try to play it again I get the "Dynamic Link Media Server failed to launch" message; I have re-installed the program several times, and used the cleaning tool, but it still happens; it is quite an annoyance because I use this feature almost daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution after a chat with Adobe. I made another account as Administrator en LR works perfect on that account. Not the most brilliant solution but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution below worked for me.

I am running Lightroom Classic CC (latest version) on my Macbook Air

I had the same behaviour. A slideshow would either stall on preparing the preview or I would get the Dynamic Link Media Server not working message. I had earlier installed the new Lightroom CC as a test. I uninstalled Lightroom CC, restarted Lightroom Classic CC and the slideshow built and ran perfectly.

Update: I thought I had solved the problem but the next run, I got the DLMS error message again.

Update2: I restarted Lightroom holding down OPTION-SHIFT and reset the LR preferences.

I have run several slideshows with no issues if I keep Zoom to Fit Frame unchecked.

If I check Zoom to Fit Frame Lightroom stalls building the Previews.

However at least for the last half-hour I haven't had any Dynamic Link Media Server messages.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here.  Slideshow in LR Classic and export as Video fail.  I started calling Adobe Support on Jan 4th 2021 and have made no progress after about 12 calls.  Each call ended with a sincere promise that I will be contacted and a solution would be implemented.  I am sitting at my desk waiting for a call right now that was scheduled and confirmed and so far has not happened....again.

Has anyone any idea, even on a high level, about what could have happened to Lightroom Classic regarding: 1- create a slideshow and 2-export a slideshow as a video?  I used the slideshow module and video option for years and now it will not work on either my desktop or my laptop.

One comment I heard was that this problem typically happens when two apps are supposed to be linked but one or the other is not a matching version and therefore not compatible.  Is it some lind of media player app that is not compatible?  I did a De-Install and Re-install of LR Classic on my laptop to get a fresh version but it didn't solve the problem.

Two mysteries 1-what is broken and 2-why in the world can't Adobe fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines