• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamicmedialinkserver is using huge resources on my computer

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at my Activity Monitor, the dynamiclinkmediaserver is using 99%+ of my CPU. Even when all of my major applications are closed, and everything is idle, about 35% is being used. What is this thing doing? I'm using a Mac desktop with 28GB of memory and macOS Catalina 10.15.1. I have an Adobe CC full subscription and all of my Adobe apps are up-to-date. 

From the searching I've done, it seems like this has been a problem for many Adobe users for quite a while. Why isn't Adobe doing something about it? I'd like to get rid of the problem, it's very frustrating. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dynamiclinkmediaserver is part of Lightroom's video support. The same service is also used by multiple other Adobe applications. 

It can be stopped using the Force Quit option in Activity Monitor (i.e. select the process then click on the Stop button which can be found at top left corner of Activity Monitor window).

stop-activity-1.png

If the process restarts again then try resetting Lightroom Preferences using Method 1 described at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If above doesn't reslove the issue then try purging the video cache in Lightroom preferences panel.

putge-video-cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, Ian. I stopped the dynamiclinkmediaserver in the Activity Monitor as you instructed and my system idle went from 65% to 90%! I will monitor the AM to see if it comes back and if so, I'll use the procedures you suggested. This is a big relief—bravo, Amazon! I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines