Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Earlier Post with a new question

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted yesterday

I have been having serious trouble with Lightroom. The issue centers around the fact that 

I seem to have LOST at least 2 and possibly 3 shoots (about 600 pictures) that have just vanished. I have spent a good amount of time trying to locate these images , but I have failed in doing so. That is until last night. I tried again to find those files by looking at the drive I call Peter’s Edited Lightroom Drive. I searched by estimating the time frame that these images were shot and spent time going though them to see if any of those images showed up. It was only after the last  set of files in and around the date that I finally found the whole shoot. everything is there.////

But first I want to back up a bit. While trying to find those images, I went through this version very closely and had no problems in seeing lots of images that were available to me. I could open any one of those images with no problem. But when I finally located the shoots that were lost ALL those images have “missing” and are  unavailable to me. If I  can see the images in the preview mean that those images are real and are stored somewhere on my my system?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I in the right place to make a reply to your earlier post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you doing now??

It seems that the missing files were moved with Finder or the path or folder name changed the Finder\Explorer...

You need to right click the folder in thr Folders Panrl and Update the Folder Location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help but, I am a Mac user and would appreciate a little clarification using the Mac to do this change. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you understand where the folder of images is, right-click on the folder in the Folders panel in LR, choose Find Missing Folder, and navigate to and select the folder to tell LR where it is. For a video tutorial on this process along with an explanation of why it happens, watch the Missing Files and Folders video on this page: https://laurashoe.com/2016/12/29/clean-up-your-files-and-folders-in-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a right click mouse. What would be the correct keystroke for my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control-click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to use control-click on the images on the home page Photoshop because they are only pointers. Either I don't understand how we can move these images or we have to rethink another method. Any thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's back up - go to Lightroom. You wrote that you found the images in LR and that they say that they are missing an unvailable. In Lightroom Ctl-click in one of those images and choose Go to Folder in Library. Does the highlighted folder have a question mark? If so, Ctl-click on it, Find Missing Folder. If not, then does the thumbnail of the image (in Grid view, shortcut G) have an exclamation mark in the top right. If so click on that, choose Locate and then navigate to where that specific image is and select it. All this is covered in my video tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let’s back up. I told you several days ago that I was missing all the images from one shoot that I had been looking for a long time ago. It was by accident that I found the images in question on the Home page in Photoshop. Much to my surprise I could open some of them and make some adjustments. I know that they are only pointers and the only other reference I have to them is in a collection called All Tenerife Canary Islands 2018 (which is totally empty but have missing labels) over 600 images. What I am attempting to do is to move those images/pointers back into that collection. Is that possible and how best to proceed? Sorry I’m a little frustrated with myself….just want to finish this off. Best, Peter you are doing great! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I understand that you're frustrated. If you scroll up to the top of this page, you'll see that this question of yours was branched off to a new thread, and there is no mention here of Photoshop - and since I didn't help you before, I had no way of knowing. Them being on the home page of PS just means that you opened them with that - there's no way to recover from there. If they are completely gone from LR, then reimport; if they are there but you can't edit them because they are missing/offline, then follow my instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines