Highlighted

Early cancellation fee

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fyi, all users - I have literally not used Lightroom since signing up as part of a class in September, 2017, yet they're charging me an "early cancellation" penalty! I will from now on explore ALL other options, should I ever decide to try such a service again, before considering these shysters. So beware.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Shouldn't call Adobe shysters. You were told when you enrolled that it was a year commitment with penalties for early cancellation. If you didn't read it isn't Adobe's fault. It also isn't Adobe's fault that you haven't chosen to use the program. Probably best to think before making some choices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Early cancellation fee

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fyi, all users - I have literally not used Lightroom since signing up as part of a class in September, 2017, yet they're charging me an "early cancellation" penalty! I will from now on explore ALL other options, should I ever decide to try such a service again, before considering these shysters. So beware.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Shouldn't call Adobe shysters. You were told when you enrolled that it was a year commitment with penalties for early cancellation. If you didn't read it isn't Adobe's fault. It also isn't Adobe's fault that you haven't chosen to use the program. Probably best to think before making some choices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 2
Mentor ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a penalty so much as rebate terms IMO - letting you off at least some of the money, that you had voluntarily undertaken to pay.

Adobe could have insisted instead, that the contracted payments AND the service must all complete their term.

Those not wishing to be bound for a whole year, have the option to rent by the month. That's a lot more expensive though: and it is only available for single apps (which do not include LR Classic) at US$31.50 / month, or else you can rent the full suite at US$80/month.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deceptive tactics - 

just learned about a "FEE" for cancellation

BS when you don't use it - 

NEVER AGAIN!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 2