• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop> B&W preset photo turning into colour photo

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to send a photo to photoshop that has a B&W preset applied to it in lightroom, but when I send it to photoshop, it turns into a colour picture. The temp, tint, exposure, etc... are being transfered to Photoshop, except for it being B&W.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In Lightroom Classic, click on Help, click on System Information. What is reported as version?

2. In Photoshop, click on Help, click on a System Infoormation. What is the version?

In theory, the Internal Camera RAW coded into Lightroom, and the Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW plug-in that Photoshop uses, are the same version, or at least close enough to not have issues,  can have profile issues. Your problem is systematic to them not being the same. When you update Photoshop, the newest Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW gets updated as well (normally)

Current Lightroom Classic v9.2, with Internal Camera RAW v12.2.0 [384]
Current Photoshop v21.1.0
Current Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW v12.2.0.386

Note, P.S. went into my own computer to verify the above version info, especially the Internal Camera RAW, and just noticed what (I thought) to be called Adobe Camera RAW, is now (in PS plug-in info) called Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW, and Lightroom refers to Internal Camera RAW, Probably an Adobe attempt to remove some confusion, very non Adobe of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and where you editing a RAW file (including DNG) or a Raster file (JPEG, TIFF, PSD) that you then sent to Photoshop?

ahh, but you said most edits went along to PS, so RAW vs Raster vs edit original, edit copy, etc, not the issue if not RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, your comment has helped me solve the issue! I did not realise my Lightroom was a different file than Lightroom Classic. I have now transfered my library to Classic!
The presets didn't copy over, so once I get those added, I'll test it out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines