• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop no longer includes Lightroom adjustments

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic 10 (for Mac OS) and suddently Lightroom adjustments aren't  applyed when sending a file to Photoshop using "edit in Photoshop". Specifically, the profile I've applied in Lightroom is removed and replaced with the regular Adobe color profile. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a solution? I'm on Mac OS 10.15.7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

So, after looking at this, Adobe's engineering team concluded that this is an intermittent issue affecting Mac users. They're working on a patch to be pushed out with a future update. Until then they simply suggested rolling back to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And youndid update PS as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working fine on my system.

2020-10-21 17_53_41-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

What happens exactly when you right click on the image you want to send to PS and select Edit in > PS 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Edit in Lightroom, no dialog pops up (it shouldn't, I guess) and I'm taken directly to PS, where the image opens. Instead of the custom profile I've applied in LR, the default Adobe color profile is applied in PS. I can apply my custom profile using ACR as a filter in PS. This behaviour is new since upgrading to LR Classic 10 and PS21. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, Adobe RAW profiles work for me, but not third-party profiles. It seems I'm not alone, since I've read cries of help from a handful of others experiencing the same. I tried re-installing the profiles, not it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Custom Profile?

Right PS will use the Color (That is COLOR) Profile that YOU have Set for it to use.

I think you are confusing the Default Color Profile with your Preset settings or the Camera Profile you have used in the editing of the image.

3 completely different things.

LrC (and Lr V1 through V6. Before it was called Lr CC then Lr Classic) has always used the ProPhoto RGB COLOR Profile. That is not a Camera profile or a included or custom made Preset.

I set Ps to use the Prophoto COLOR Profile so both programs are on the same page to start with.

To my knowledge there are No 3rd party Camera Profiles. There are 3rd party Presets which may specify a certain Camera Profile that Adobe has included as either an Adobe or something that matched the Camera Manufactures included Camera Profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also working fine in my system!

If you send [Ctrl+E] a raw file to edit in Photoshop-

1) there is no "pop up" dialog for 'raw' images. Only JPG, TIFs, PSD, will offer the pop-up.

2) And also for 'raw', LrC is in effect the ACR (raw renderer), and there is no requirement for ACR to appear.

3) Any Profile set in LrC is then 'applied' by LrC to the file and 'burnt in' to the RGB image that Ps edits and saves back to LrC.

You will create a 'new' original TIF/PSD file and the LrC raw Image-profile is no longer relevant to this new Ps RGB image that will display quite OK with a standard 'Adobe Color' profile (Or you can change it again if you wish!)

eg.  My image in LrC-   Two previews: First with Adobe Color, the second (Virtual Copy) with a 'Creative' Profile.

ScreenShot068.jpg

And if the Virtual Copy version is editied in Ps to make a TIF - I get this in Ps: the Profile has been applied!

ScreenShot067.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is how it worked for me until yesterday, when I upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Have you Restarted your computer lately? Try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried rebooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal. When you edit in Photoshop, a new RGB file is created and sent back to Lightroom. Lightroom will 'start from scratch' with this new RGB file. All the edits you made on the image before it was sent to Photoshop are 'baked into the pixels' of the new image, including the choice of profile. Because the returned file is a TIFF or PSD, not a raw file, you also do not get the choice of raw profiles for this image. This is nothing new for Lightroom Classic 10, by the way. It has always been this way.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but now the profile is no longer baked into the dng when sent over to PS. This is new (for me, and a few others it seems) since upgrading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps can't actually open DNG files and when Ps returns either a PSD ot TIF image all of the Edits you have done to the DNG file are Baked Into that New file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all your replies you have noth bothered showing us Screen Shots of what you are actually taking about.

That would help to either Solve your problem, Which I think doesn't really exist, or show you where you have things confused. See my other Recent Reply to your post about "I should Add, Adobe RAW Profiles work for me".

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/edit-in-photoshop-no-longer-includes-lightroom-adju...

You are confusing Camera Profiles and Color profile and Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is what the image looks like in LrC:

Skärmavbild 2020-10-22 kl. 17.29.27.png

and this is how it looks in Photoshop immediately after clicking "Edit in Lightroom":

Skärmavbild 2020-10-22 kl. 17.29.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, for not being clear! I've attatched screen shots below. I'm talking about camera profiles not carrying over to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else comes across this thread in a search: I chatted with Adobe support about this. Apparently they've had quite a few customer reports about this issue and they're collecting data to investigate the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: instead of using Edit in Photoshop, use the menu further down to open the image in Photoshop as a smart object. Then you can open the smart object in Camera Raw by double clicking the layer. Camera Raw should show you the exact same edits as you applied in Lightroom, so it should become more obvious what is going on.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've tried what you suggested, but the issue is the same. The BW photo is what it looks like in LrC, the color one how it opens. It looks the same (color) when I open the smart object in ACR.

Skärmavbild 2020-10-22 kl. 19.10.49.pngSkärmavbild 2020-10-22 kl. 19.12.10.png

It seems Adobe is aware of the issue and is investigating, but support had no work-around for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So double-click on the smart object and check what's missing in Camera Raw compared to Lightroom. If it's just the profile that didn't come over, then this is a workaround you can use until Adobe solves this: Open as smart object, open the smart object in Camera Raw and apply the profile. Done. You can flatten the image if you no longer want the smart object.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga It seems only the profile is different (all adjustments look the same), but there're still subtle differences in color when I (re)apply the profile in question. Weird! Thank you for your suggestion, though. For the moment I'll simply use a workflow not involving roungtripping images to PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga I must correct myself! After having my morning coffe I tried opening an image as a smart object again in PS. When I open that object i ACR everything (including the profile) looks exactly the same as in LR, BUT its still rendered without that profile (I assumed it was Adobe color, but I don't know). When in ACR, I can temporarily switch to another profile, and then back to whatever I had applied in LR. It then renders correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I say there is a Problem with your Custrom profile.

How was it created? When was it created? With what program did you create it with?

Does this happen if you apply one of the Included Camera profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must ask.

Why have you changed the images in the screen shots you have posted?

No only that but you then post a screen shot of an image converted to B&W in LrC and the Color version in Ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines