Highlighted

Edit in Photoshop stopped working

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Edit in Photoshop 2020 it will open Photoshop 2020 but no image appears in Photoshop. This worked a couple of weeks ago so I'm guessing it was broken in a recent upgrade. I'm running LR Classic 9.2.1, Photoshop 2020 CameraRaw 12.2.1 on a MAC book Pro with MAC OS 10.15.4. I've tried a number of things I've seen online and nothing fixed it.

• Open Photoshop first before the edit command
  • Rebuild the Photoshop PLIST file
  • Uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled.
  • Uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled
  • Went back to camera raw version 10.5 then back to 12.2.1
  • Installed the Photoshop picker plug in.

The files I'm testing with are on my local drive and I can open them directly in Photopshop. Any other ideas on how to fix it.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edit in Photoshop stopped working

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Edit in Photoshop 2020 it will open Photoshop 2020 but no image appears in Photoshop. This worked a couple of weeks ago so I'm guessing it was broken in a recent upgrade. I'm running LR Classic 9.2.1, Photoshop 2020 CameraRaw 12.2.1 on a MAC book Pro with MAC OS 10.15.4. I've tried a number of things I've seen online and nothing fixed it.

• Open Photoshop first before the edit command
  • Rebuild the Photoshop PLIST file
  • Uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled.
  • Uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled
  • Went back to camera raw version 10.5 then back to 12.2.1
  • Installed the Photoshop picker plug in.

The files I'm testing with are on my local drive and I can open them directly in Photopshop. Any other ideas on how to fix it.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using more than one monitor?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MACOS Catalina

Ok, when did you update to Catalina?

Standard problem many have due to incorrectly dismissing a security pop up inquiry relating to Application permissions.

Outside of Lightroom Classic, on the MAC, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privact tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic, and while you are at it, for Photoshop, make sure all bixes are checked.

While you are at that, if you store anything in the MACOS system folder PHOTOS, scroll up to Photos, and see if Lightroom Classic and (I think) Photoshop are included.

Another issue, but this one seems odd in that it is not the case on my MAC, but others have accomplished as a fix is to scroll to Full Disc Access and add Lightroom Classic.

B12DFA19-CE26-4D01-87A2-773415A55F56.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0