• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop within Lightroom Greyed Out.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently updated both lightroom classic and photoshop to the latest versions.  Feb 2021.  I am now unable to edit a photo in Photoshop from within my lightroom catalogue.  Did not move any photos, no photos have an exclamation mark (missing photos).  Puzzled as this worked prior to the update.

I have all y photos synced to my one drive cloud and import those files to my lightroom catalogue from there.  Again,  only experiencing this problem after the update.

Uninstalling both programs is not a solution.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exclamation marks will not show if images are missing but smart previews are present. You cannot send a smart preview to Photoshop however. What cloud drive are you using? Some cloud drives can upload the original to the cloud and only leave a kind of alias locally, such as Dropbox' Smart Sync. Lightroom Classic does not support that. It needs the originals locally.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you tell if the images are smart preview?

I am using Microsoft Onedrive.  I do not understand how they would be smart previews.  I have been utilizing that workflow for 4 years and now all of a sudden all the images become smart previews without modifying anything on my end?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm they are the original photos and not smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your workflow, have you been able to edit in Photoshop previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Never had a problem until i updated to the recent versions of both programs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that you confirmed that these are original images and not smart previews. However, does it confirm such just below the histogram?

Screenshot 2021-02-12 091106.jpg

I have never used One Drive, but I do use Google Drive and it works flawlesslly for having images in the cloud. So I agree with you that it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct.  

Spoe with an online agent with adobe creative.  Uninstalling and Reinstalling the software was the solution.

Thank you everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines