• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in PS 2021 from LR Classic doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Big Sur 11.1. LR Classic 10.1.1.  Photoshop 2021 22.1.1. Mac Mini M1 chip.

For a while this worked: I would choose a photo in LR Classic, choose Edit in Photoshop; a TIFF file would be created which opened in PS; then after edits could be saved back to LR.

But now, if I choose a photo in LR Classic to edit in Photoshop, no TIFF file is created, and no image appears in PS (which opens not to the image I selected but to PS's home screen).

If I export the raw to the desktop and open it in Photoshop from there, I can do the edits.

I've reset the preferences for both PS and LR (starting the apps while holding Shift+Option+Command) and still the problem persists.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

The fix that usually works is to uninstall both using the CC application but keep preferences! Then reinstall (again from the CC app), Photoshop, then Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix that usually works is to uninstall both using the CC application but keep preferences! Then reinstall (again from the CC app), Photoshop, then Lightroom. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This trick worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, same problem: the transfer from latest LR classic (v.12..) to Ps (v.24..) doesnot work anymore, no parameter has been changed; when in Ps I get a flashing white screen.

I tried as explained to uninstall then reinstall LR & Ps but the problem persists. If someone has an idea ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines