• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Title etc.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to edit Title etc in LR dev mode, switching back to Library in becoming a pain.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how Lightroom works and is intended to encourage a more orderly workflow. Do your titles and other metadata in Library, the workspace designed for metadata entry, and then do adjustments in Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case & I knows others who feel the same, it's not the way they work. The tool shouldn't impose a way of working but be flexible to allow different workflows. In my case I work on an image & if the result is worth keeping I want to give it a title etc. there and then, not have to switch views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get use to using the keyboard shortcuts.

All lower case, D to go to the develop module, E to go back to the Library module LOUPE view and G to Library Grid view.

Or dump LR and start using Bridge, PS and ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The tool shouldn't impose a way of working but be flexible to allow different workflows."

If you really feel that way, don't use Lightroom. It does not allow certain workflows.

But as stated by @JustShootMe, pressing G or D does not seem like such a burden that Lightroom prevents you from working in the way you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A number of other users have asked for this.  Add your constructive opinion to this feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/could_you_please_add_keyword_dialog_to_the_de...

Be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines