Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited photos vanished!

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I had a group of selected photos in a subfolder - was doing some batch editing and then when I went back to the subfolder, there were only 15 photos in there (out of 175).  I have never had that happen before.  They are in the original "all photos" folder, but not in their edited state?  Thought I accidentally deleted them, but they are not in the recycle bin - HELP?!  Advice?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you can see these photos when selecting "All photos", but not when you select the folder.

If it's the case, in "All photos" does these photos have an exclamation mark (!) on the top right?

If they don't have the exclamation mark, right click one one photo and select "Go to the Library folder" to see where they are stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are in "All Photographs" but not edited, here's a possibility ... you (accidentally) imported the photos more than once, and one time they wound up in a different folder. So you now have two copies, one edited and one not edited.

In the "All Photographs" view, use the filter bar and search for one of these photos by file name. Do you find two copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.  On some yes, but on some no.  But I'm just working through those again - actually rethinking my original edits anyhow 😉  But thanks again for your prompt response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So last night (after I posted this) I did see that there was an ! with a note that says "Metadata has conflict.  Synced with Lightroom".  While the photos weren't all in their edited state (some actually were) I was able to quickly flag those with this information and do a quick edit for the client.  Not exactly sure what happened still.  I spoke to Adobe on the phone and honestly, they weren't much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines