• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits gone after moving catalog and converting it to Lightroom Classic 9.0

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved all my catalogs and preview files to a new Windows 10 computer and, at the same time, unfortunately, upgraded the catalogs to Lightroom 9.0. The first catalog I did (2018 to present) is fine, but then the second catalog (2017) appears to have lost the photo edits and the collection info. All the collections are named in the Collections list, but show "0" photos "No photos in selected collection". When I go into one of the folders where I know I added photos to a collection, all of the photos seem to be unedited.

I use the SmugMug plugin to upload my edited collections to my SmugMug site, but all of those collections list "0" images too, though the photos still appear fine on my site.

Any idea what's happening here? I'm worried about converting all my previous year catalogs now because I have way more collections and edits in those years.

Is there any way to download the old version of Lightroom now on my new computer? If so, I have the old, non-upgraded catalog files on my external hard drive.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect possible corruption of the '2017 Catalog' with the Catalog v9 update.

Have you tried opening the 'old' 2017 Catalog ( the one that the update copied and left remaining ) and let Lr do the v9 Catalog update a second time.

Or do you have Catalog backups you can resort to and try those?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines