• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits missing after installing Lightroom Classic onto new laptop

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop and transferred everything to it. During the process I also upgraded to Lightroom Classic v.10. Initially when I opened Lightroom my folders all had question marks next to them. My son who knows a lot about computers knew the parent folder wasn't correct (it was showing as Lightroom not Pictures). He fixed that. We also noticed many of my current photos were not in the Pictures folder but somehow were in the Lightroom folder so he moved the pictures out of the Lightroom folder and into the Pictures folder. Now when I open Lightroom all my folders are available but none of my edits are there. How can I get my edits back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "Moving", Actually INstalling LrC on another computer you have to place everything in the same folder structure, same PATH, as they were on the older/other computer.

Take a lok at thos webpage.

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.  Your attachment was helpful.

Seeing as we may have moved a few things around accidentally, would you recommend uninstalling Lightroom Classic, deleting the catalog and photos from the laptop and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No just move your image files into the correct folder as they were on your old computer.

Also place the LrC Catalog file in the same location as it was on the older system.

Deleting, Uninstalling, LrC or the catalog file will not help in this concern.

The problem comes from not moving, Copying, your images files to the same drive (Letter or name) and or Folder names they were in on the older system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines