• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits not syncing properly between devices

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding pictures to Lr using my phone and editing on the iPad and syncing is working properly. The problem happens when I go back to the phone, the edited picture is there, but when I open it there's a quick loading and then the picture switches back to the unedited version and I can't. What is happening? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Lightroom update pending on your phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, everything up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too! I cannot figure it out it's driving me crazy! I contacted someone and then nobody ever got back to me. Have you figured anything out yet? There's no updates pending on mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support and they weren't able to solve the problem. Their final answer was that it was a problem with my device and I should factory reset, which I didn't want to do at the moment. But now I switched to a new phone (s20) and I'm having the same problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have some updates.

I have been talking with support team via chat and, although nobody has been able to solve the problem (I have been transferred 8 times between agents over 5 hours...), through some of their suggestions I have found some interesting information. It led me to believe there's a bug in the cloud system between IOS and android.

My issue happens when I upload a picture on android and edit on ios (I've tried on different devices, with similar results). After I make any changes, I'm back to the android device and I can see only the original, the edit version is not available (actually the thumbnail seem updatedm but after I open it quickly switches back to the original). The opposite way, uploading from ios and editing on android, works flawlessly.

Nikita from the support service suggested me to upload from the web. It did not solve the problem, but made me realize that the picture uploaded from the web and edited on ios can be retrieved on the android device. So I tried a different thing, I took a picure from the app,on android, and edited on ios. This also works, I got the edited version back on the android device. So that can give you a fair idea of where is the problem, althoug I still can't upload from android and edit on ios which is what I need.

I must remind you that I have cleared cache, data and uninstalled the application on all devices. I have also factory reset the devices and changed with different devices (including a brand new galaxy s20).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines