Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits to RAW Files in Lightroom Classic no Longer Displayed

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

On my Windows computer, I made edits to RAW files in Lightroom. I then added a few subfolders, to further organize the files. When I now view the files in the Libary module, the RAW edits no longer are visible. The RAW files remain, as well as the TIFF images derived from them that had been edited in PS; however, the RAW files appear just as they did when downloaded from my camera. I imagine my moving to new subfolders created a hiccup - how do I fix this so I can see the Lightroom-edited RAW files?

Thank you.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. IMAGES MOVED OUTSIDE OF LrC?

I then added a few subfolders, to further organize the files.

So, you modified your file structure, fine. Added folders, fine. BUT was this accomplished within LrC using the Folders Panel, or outside of LrC.

And more importantly, when you moved the photos, did you accomplish that within LrC using the Folders Panel, or outside of LrC?

Did you cause the photos to go missing within the LrC database? The catalog?

see: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

link above addresses a way to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I modified the folders outside of LR. The photos are not missing - the RAW files remain but show no edits. All files saved from the RAW files remain as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Develop Module and click on the last step in the History Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I do not understand your suggestion. I go to History, and what it shoes is "Import" (with the date of the import). I click it, andnothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy link to clipboard
I modified the folders outside of LR. The photos are not missing - the RAW files remain but show no edits.

How?

What program?

What sort of mods?

In LrC, have you set up to automaticaly create xmp files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines