Highlighted

email account manager/lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should your own id in the Lightroom Email Acount Manager be showing as Validated or Unvalidated, --before taking any action?

Mine is sitting there showing Unvalidated and wonder what this means, as assuming it should show as Validated.

I use LR Classic 9.1

thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

email account manager/lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should your own id in the Lightroom Email Acount Manager be showing as Validated or Unvalidated, --before taking any action?

Mine is sitting there showing Unvalidated and wonder what this means, as assuming it should show as Validated.

I use LR Classic 9.1

thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should show validated if you want to use this function. You need to validate it - meaning your Lightroom can recognise your email address. If you use Gmail, you'll have a small problem. As Lightroom is not Google app, Google considers this to be an insecure app, so you'll have to go into your security settings in Google and change that to allow other apps to send emails. I tend to use function quite a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Sky mail, which is sky/Yahoo.

Any thoughts on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to try yourself  I don't know about Yahoo.  Look at your preferences in settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Ig oint oApple, Safari or Lightroom to look and change?

What would I be looking for to change?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to look in your yahoo email account settings and look for something like allowing apps to access your email account. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no settings when you go into my yahoo email account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go to Google One help, and here is where the setting is to allow "less secure apps access", https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

They also directed me to this article:

http://pixelegacy.com/lightroom-gmail-setup/

I followed all the steps, set up 2-step verification in Google, set up a password for lightroom classic to have access to google, and it still didn't work.  There is a setting for SMTP, and I have it set that the outgoing server is smtp.googlemail.com, SMTP port is 993, and authentication is set to SSL/TLS.  Any further words of advice? Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0
Neneva LATEST
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go to Google One help, and here is where the setting is to allow "less secure apps access," https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

They also directed me to this article:

http://pixelegacy.com/lightroom-gmail-setup/

I followed all the steps, set up 2-step verification in Google, set up a password for lightroom classic to have access to google, and it still didn't work.  There is a setting for SMTP, and I had it set that the outgoing server is smtp.googlemail.com, SMTP port is 993, and authentication is set to SSL/TLS.  That didn't work.  I found this:

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/32499115?hl=en

Changed the SMTP port to 465 and now my gmail address is validated! Yeah!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0