• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

email not working

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic latest version. I have tried to send photo's using the email process in lightroom and suddenly they will not send. I have validated my gmail address , gmail works ok and the internet is working. When I press email send nothing happens no error message, just returns to the photo.  Any ideas?

Thanks Janey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this linked Adobe Help document https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/issue-validating-email-account-lightroom.html

If you've aready followed the steps in above document you can try refreshing Lightroom preference as desecribed in Methhod 1 in https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are using Gmail - this is a Google thing, so it is your google account security settings that need to be changed. You have to go into your Google account security settings, and allow third-party apps to have access to your Gmail account.

Google will warn that this is a bad idea, but if you want to send emails through Lightroom, you have to allow third party access. Lightroom is a third party app! I like to use send email through Lightroom and have had to do this. Lightroom can now use the Gmail address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ricky336

Where are the Google account security settings you talk of please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Account - myaccount - Security - Less secure app access - turn on 

Less secure app access

Your account is vulnerable because you allow apps and devices that use less secure sign-in technology to access your account. To keep your account secure, Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it’s not being used. Learn more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my earlier response, I provided a link to an Adobe document that contains this info and more

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/issue-validating-email-account-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me once in awhile.  In fact it happened today.  Try this to see if it will kickstart email for you.  Its worked for me in the past and today.

Chose export and select "For Email" which is a built in Export preset.   Press Send.  It should work.

If this was successful your email should start working again using the "Email Photo" menu items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works, but occasionally has to be repeated. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the include meta data seems to solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines