• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emailing photos from Lightroom, photo order reversed

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do i need to do get the correct order of emailed photos to display in the email?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Here is the correction:  The solution is to reverse the sort order using the ascending/descending button, email the photo and then reverse the sort again for viewing.

Shouldn't have to do this, but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChuckProbst,

Sorry that Lightroom is showing your emailed images in reverse order than expected.

Which version of Lightroom are you using and on which operating system?

Could you please take a look at this discussion Emailing photos from lightroom in chronological order.  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply Akash.

Lightroom CC and Windows 10

Looked at the discussion, seemed to be directed to Mac.  This has ALWAYS been an issue for me.  Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the correction:  The solution is to reverse the sort order using the ascending/descending button, email the photo and then reverse the sort again for viewing.

Shouldn't have to do this, but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good solution, Chuck, but how do you do that if the collection is in a custom order?

The only solution I've found is to export jpegs renamed to include a sequence number and adding them to an email in my email client.  But that's a lot of extras steps.  Exporting directly to email results in a last-image-on-top display regardless of how the photos are named.  Feels like a bug to me.

Any solutions you can think of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is an issue with your email client, not Lightroom.  I use Mac Mail and the order in the email is the same as in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines