Empty library after updating

Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm a bit terrified... after updating my Lightroom to the latest version, my library is completely blank, as if this was my first time using it. All my editing work, my presets... everything is gone 😞 Could anyone please help me? Thank you very very much

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Empty library after updating

Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm a bit terrified... after updating my Lightroom to the latest version, my library is completely blank, as if this was my first time using it. All my editing work, my presets... everything is gone 😞 Could anyone please help me? Thank you very very much

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be specific. Give us the version number of your Lightroom Classic or Lightroom. Words like "latest" version are often used incorrectly and essentially of no use.

Please search your entire hard disk(s), using your operating system's search feature, for all files whose name ends with .LRCAT, and open each one into Lightroom Classic or Lightroom until you find the catalog you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Please do not attach images. It is very annoying. use the tools the community page provides to insert the image

Please use the Insert Photo button.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Where is your Folders Panel? Take a new screenshot that shows the Folders Panel.

https://laurashoe.com/2013/10/01/when-panels-modules-tools-and-more-go-missing-in-lightroom/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Lightroom created a brand new, empty catalog. Open your Pictures folder and search for files with an .lrcat extension. The brand new catalog will probably be called 'Lightroom Catalog.lrcat', so you are looking for a file with a slightly different name.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0