• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable intensity setting for presets already imported into Lightroom?

Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of tutorials on how to create a new Lightroom develop preset via Adobe camera raw through Photoshop and enable the "intensity" setting for that preset in Lightroom.

I am wondering if it is possible to do this for presets already imported into Lightroom? I have about a dozen folders with some free and some purchased presets, most of them as .xmp files and I would like to somehow enable intensity "setting" for these. 

Possible or not?

Many thanks for replies!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Possible.

And yet a Plugin might allow 'reducing' a Preset effect for those existing Presets. https://www.capturemonkey.com/thefader/

I would think that the tutorials you have seen were about 'Profiles' (not Presets).

The 'intensity' (Amount) slider is available for Creative Profiles.

Some useful info here- Creative Profiles  

Make Your Own Profiles LUTs - Matt Kloskowski

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on Wobertc's reply:

You can make your own creative profile from a preset in Camera Raw.  You open a photo in Camera Raw, apply the preset (LR presets are shared with Camera Raw), then make a creative profile that includes the current develop settings.  See the link posted by Wobertc for detailed steps. Most develop settings stored in presets can be included in creative profiles, but some can't (e.g. sharpening settings).

Unfortunately, you'll have to do this one preset at a time.  If that's too inconvenient, then the Fader plugin might be a better option.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines