Highlighted

Enable profile correction - lens unrecognizable

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom used to be able to recongnize my Sony 24mm F 1.4 GM and 55mm F 1.8 just fine for auto profile correcntion (meaning when you check the box it know what manufacture and which lense it is and have them selected by default) , but couple days ago it nolonger auto pick the make/model for me when I check the box, weirdly enough in the metadata it knows what lens I use.

Any ideas why this is happening?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Enable profile correction - lens unrecognizable

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom used to be able to recongnize my Sony 24mm F 1.4 GM and 55mm F 1.8 just fine for auto profile correcntion (meaning when you check the box it know what manufacture and which lense it is and have them selected by default) , but couple days ago it nolonger auto pick the make/model for me when I check the box, weirdly enough in the metadata it knows what lens I use.

Any ideas why this is happening?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the image a raw file? Most lens profiles are for raw files only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same camera?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ccan you send a screen shot - maybe one of us will spot what is going on if everything is the same camera and same lens as before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out I was using JPG....I have no idea how the setting ot changed.

I find myself hard to believe sometimes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - the good news is that the lens is now recognized!  

I too often think there are goblins inside my camera trying to make me mess up!!!

Glad it is working now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0