• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhanced Details

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started experimenting with the Enhanced Details option, and I was impressed by the results. I included a picture for reference - small details are much better resolved, particularly in the shadows. I plan to start using it, but I wanted to see how others might use this new function. In your regular workflow, do you apply it as needed, only on images with fine details, or do you use batch mode to apply it on most of your pictures after you import and catalog them? And how do you deal with the duplicate raw file – do you delete the original raw file once the enhanced DNG version is created, or do you keep both? 

Lightroom Enhance Details.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's best used on images with fine detail. You can find more info at https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/enhance-details.html

I don't believe the intent was that customers use it for all images, and certainly a reason to delete the original raw files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never delete the original RAW file. No matter what other files I may create from the RAW. PSD, TIFF, DNG or JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines